Incog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win

Go down 
+7
Jackie
Nocturne
Angi
Witty
Mr. Ricey
Termy
Mr. Slippy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie

Jackie

Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 12:23 pm

LOL once again I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote Angi.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 12:24 pm

Romulus wrote:
Greetings and glad tidings to all.
I am sorry to see a villager die and all that but I'm going to go ahead and call dibs on his house and everything he owns. Yay Smile As for Glendon, good riddance. That guy was the worst. In regards to the shoot-from-the-hip wannabe sheriff, Pascal, and his finger pointing, I say there is nothing to his rambling. While it is true that I disliked Glendon because he was a lesser man than I, I have always believed in settling disputes with a duel. Also, surely if I were the wolfman and wanted to kill someone who was a threat to me, it would have been Pascal's voice I would have eternally silenced. So, while Pascal is no friend of mine, my superior intellect still leads me to believe that Nocturne is a man of significant suspicion.

VOTE: NOCTURNE ___ (sorry slippy I'm still computerless)

You basically said nothing in this post.
Back to top Go down
Witty
Admin
Witty

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 1:23 pm

Well this is interesting indeed! Wolf hunt? More like staycation, lol.

I almost posted last night, but decided to sleep on it since it was 4am and I didn't want to ramble. Mostly I was trying to put myself in the shoes of the bad guys and figure out why it was Glendon, and ultimately the sorcerer.

All I could really come up with is, since they couldn't have known of each other at all, the wolf probably saw a threat in Glendon's line of thinking. What it boiled down to for me was, the wolf maybe only has a self preservation mode on? Since there are no known allies for the wolf/sorcerer. Another thought that crossed my mind is it is certainly in the wolfs best interest to convert the cursed one early. Perhaps he/she saw something in Glendon's posts that seemed to give it away? Also in this case, it would mean to me that Glendon's train of thought fit right in with the wolf's schemes, and saw fit to take on an ally. Or at least try.

I will have to go back and reread more, since I wasn't that efficient at doing so last night (early this morning? lol) and see if either of those hypotheses seem to carry any weight. For the time being though, I do want to agree with Jackie on Romulus' posts. Role playing is fun and certainly encouraged, but instilling some insight and logic is now critical, since we have a history to follow in the town. Being nebulous and 'generous' with your votes will get you (and ultimately all of us) into a lot of trouble eventually, whether you are nefarious or not. I won't vote for you now since it only takes 4 votes to a lynch and you already have a vote, but consider yourself carefully watched for now.
Back to top Go down
https://incogforums.forumotion.com
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 2:20 pm

Good point about the cursed one, Witty. I didn't even think about that. That would make sense, the wolf would want to gain an ally asap.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Slippy

Mr. Slippy

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 2:43 pm

Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCQCHH0cMobrwciwuhebeLDdtnyCYZ7y-712m3Cnz7AbtMEvQa3g

Deadline for Day is 06 Sept 2014 23:59 ((This means you have all day Saturday for the lynch))

VOTE TO LYNCH: You need 4 Votes to Lynch

Romulus (1 Vote of 4): Pascal_B
Nocturne (2 Votes of 4): Jackie, Romulus

Pending Votes: 4
Witty, Angi, Nocturne, Termy

Role Quick List:
2 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Body Guard, 1 Lycan, 1 Cursed, 1 Werewolf
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 3:02 pm

I'm going to..

unvote

for now. With 2 votes, it just takes one more person and the wolf to end it for today. I'd rather wait for more people to show up and talk. 

FOS (Finger of Suspicion) on Nocturne still, until he talks at least and then we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Slippy

Mr. Slippy

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 3:12 pm

Players Note:
FOS (Finger of Suspicion) can be used to show that you are suspicious of someone without actually voting for them.  As Jackie has explained, sometimes it is used if it would prevent a potential quick lynch.  It is used as well to show where your vote would go until your suspicions are confirmed or debunked.
Back to top Go down
Pascal_B

Pascal_B

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 4:02 pm

To start, I just want to say Mr Slippy's moderation has been excellent.  Even though I'm new to the game I haven't really been lost in the lingo or otherwise once.  Hats off to you!

As for the game itself, I see the reasoning for suspecting Nocturne, though I'm wary of lynching people in order from least to most vocal.

Witty wrote:
 Another thought that crossed my mind is it is certainly in the wolfs best interest to convert the cursed one early. 
This had never crossed my mind, but is a pretty good point.  I do acknowledge that the werewolf may have simply attacked at random, and by sheer bad luck took out his/her ally instead of having a master plan.  After all, we pretty much lynched at random as well.  The problem is that we can't infer anything from a random choice, so we have to assume there was at least some reasoning involved to come to a conclusion on who to lynch.

Back to the quote above, did anyone seem like they were trying to taunt/lure the wolf into attacking them?
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 4:32 pm

Pascal_B wrote:
did anyone seem like they were trying to taunt/lure the wolf into attacking them?

This seems super fishy to me as if you're trying to get help to find the cursed one. If you are a villager, the safest thing to do would be to go back and read Day 3 (instead of asking others to interpret it for you), and see if someone stands out to you as doing that. But, then file it away until that info may be needed, because you don't want to point them out to the wolf and our goal should be to kill the wolf today or at least asap.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 10:15 pm

Egads! Glendon!? A Sorcerer? Tainted by the profanity of the black arts!? Inconceivable!

Verily, there is but one conspirator left among us.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/2/2014, 11:33 pm

Meh

vote: Nocturne
Back to top Go down
Mr. Slippy

Mr. Slippy

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 12:34 am

Deadline for Day is 06 Sept 2014 23:59 ((This means you have all day Saturday for the lynch))

Romulus (1 Vote of 4): Pascal_B
Nocturne (2 Votes of 4): Jackie, Romulus

Pending Votes: 4
Witty, Angi, Nocturne, Termy

Role Quick List:
Back to top Go down
Romulus

Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 1:05 am

Jackie wrote:
I don't remember ever being in a game with only one wolf but this seems pretty tough. Would it be lame to just mass role claim? We'd at least get a short list of who's a liar.

Mass role claim? I agree though that it is difficult to identify the "bad guys" because they are/were unaware of who the other bad person was. Yes, technically in this case it actually worked to our advantage since the werewolf ended up killing the sorcerer, but we still face the same problem of trying to identify a lone wolf in a village where everyone (except the seer) votes similarly to how the wolf has to (as an individual with no special knowledge).

I will go ahead and **UNVOTE: NOCTURNE** and downgrade my vote to a FOS. Additionally, with my other hand, I will form another gun-shape and point my second FOS at Witty (without justifying my actions whatsoever).

Btw, I too want to say thanks to Mr. Slippy for being such a helpful moderator.*high five*
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 1:41 am

You quoted my post about the mass role claim but didn't address it in your response. 

I honestly wants people's opinions on this because, if you think about it, it would narrow things down. The only thing against doing it imo is that it might make the game less fun to some or "too easy" but, there will come a point in the game where it should happen unless we can lynch the wolf.
Back to top Go down
Witty
Admin
Witty

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 1:05 pm

While I am all about winning swiftly and without issue, I feel that role reveals go against the spirit of the game. I realize this sounds fishy, but Mr. Slippy worked hard to put this game together for us, and we could have role revealed on day one if we really wanted to, since the rules don't specifically say otherwise. We could have lynched the wolf on day 1 or 2 for sure, saving the sorcerer for last, and won that way without question. I would hate to see all the work put into this game be for nothing and end on an anticlimactic technicality. I see where you are coming from Jackie and agree it is the best strategy, but I don't feel it fits with the spirit of the game.

As for my newfound FOS pointing friend, I have no rebuttal as I have no clue what it is I am trying to refute. You are certainly within your rights to suspect me though, and it's good on the whole that I haven't been ruled out.

It is upsetting that Nocturne showed up and posted the equivalent of nothing, and I really want to vote for him based on that, but the pressure is there as close as I would like it to be for now. I have been unable to glean anything from Glendon's posts as far as confirming either of my suspicions, so I am inclined to believe the simplest of possibilities; that it was a random kill, mostly since the wolf had no knowledge of the sorcerers ID.

As of this point I am most suspicious of Nocturne, Romulus, and Angi. The first two mostly because I want to hear more substantial things from them, as ambiguity gets us nowhere. I am suspicious of Angi because she is as Jackie said, being abrasive and quick with insults and to call out anything she doesn't like, which comes off as manipulative and divisive.
Back to top Go down
https://incogforums.forumotion.com
Angi

Angi

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 1:17 pm

He did say "Mass role claim?"   maybe he's wondering what you mean.  Although it makes sense to me lol   But that's because we play the same games maybe lol    Not sure what I think of a mass claim this early, but there's only seven of us so it might be best to do so now.
I'm sorry if you feel that someone calling out something they don't like as being manipulative lol  I'll just forever sit here and no longer speak  Razz
As for the insults LAST day round, was because I was pissed off that I put a THIRD vote on someone and everyone jumped in and yelled SCUM because of some stupid level crap that I don't pay attention to.  Even more irritated that Jackie spearheaded that one because one game when I didn't vote the way I wanted, she complained and then I do vote the way I want and she yells scum.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 3:30 pm

Witty wrote:
While I am all about winning swiftly and without issue, I feel that role reveals go against the spirit of the game. I realize this sounds fishy, but Mr. Slippy worked hard to put this game together for us, and we could have role revealed on day one if we really wanted to, since the rules don't specifically say otherwise. We could have lynched the wolf on day 1 or 2 for sure, saving the sorcerer for last, and won that way without question. I would hate to see all the work put into this game be for nothing and end on an anticlimactic technicality. I see where you are coming from Jackie and agree it is the best strategy, but I don't feel it fits with the spirit of the game.

Yeah, I get your point Witty. That's exactly why I asked because I feel that way , too. I just feel this game set-up is a crapshoot at this point so it's really the only thing we can control right now. And it's not an "unheard" of thing. It's quite common but the question is at what point in the game do you do it? Just keep this in mind:

We're at 7 right now. If we lynch incorrectly and have a night kill we're down to 5.

At 5, if we lynch incorrectly and have a night kill we're down to 3. 

At 3 it will be imperative to claim (everyone state their roles) but then there is a chance the wolf will get away with it and we'll only have one shot at that point to lynch correctly.

I think if we get down to 5 we should make everyone claim. I'm stating this now in case I'm dead tomorrow. 

But today and each day after, as we lynch people, we should actually ask them to claim (tell us their role) before they're hammered. We then have the opportunity to discuss whether we believe them or not.

It should have happened last round but it was hammered too quickly and idk if Mr. Ricey would've shown up to claim, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 3:35 pm

Nobody wants you to sit and be quiet, Angi. If people point out your actions/tone, etc, it's just part of the game. Try not to take it personally but we're looking at everything about everyone. 

I don't know what past game you're talking about but I don't think meta-gaming (bringing up past games) is going to really help us find the wolf in this game. If you don't like something I do or someone else does, I'm fine with you talking about it.

It was your tone I was talking about. Abrasive, defensive...those could be because you're a wolf getting votes and you're panicking. Who knows, but that's the reason we're even bringing it up.
Back to top Go down
Termy

Termy

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 10:27 pm

I don't participate in werewolf/mafia-scum often, but, i never heard of a role claim before until i read this thread. I can see both sides of the argument if it is wise to role claim vs taking the spirit of the game away... at this point of the game, i can understand the reasons of role claim as there is no basis on who to accuse as everyone is not familiar with each other.
I believe in meta-game, we get to understand each player's type of style they play and could go for or against them.

Other than the bad lottery idea, i don't have anything against Nocturne that would accuse him of a werewolf.. he is a silent type.  Silent villager could be help us in numbers by just being a placeholder. I'm afraid he could be a villager that we accidently lynch and you know the rest...
Back to top Go down
Angi

Angi

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 10:29 pm

Termy wrote:

I believe in meta-game, we get to understand each player's type of style they play and could go for or against them.

exactly, and everyone who plays........meta games lol
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 10:38 pm

No, I don't think these people do. That was my point, but whatever makes you happy.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/3/2014, 10:40 pm

Termy wrote:
I don't participate in werewolf/mafia-scum often, but, i never heard of a role claim before until i read this thread. I can see both sides of the argument if it is wise to role claim vs taking the spirit of the game away... at this point of the game, i can understand the reasons of role claim as there is no basis on who to accuse as everyone is not familiar with each other.

Other than the bad lottery idea, i don't have anything against Nocturne that would accuse him of a werewolf.. he is a silent type.  Silent villager could be help us in numbers by just being a placeholder. I'm afraid he could be a villager that we accidently lynch and you know the rest...

What? You want to keep someone because it's bad to lynch a silent villager? It's bad to lynch a villager, period, but being silent is just hurting the village.
Back to top Go down
Termy

Termy

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/4/2014, 10:29 am

I understand what you're saying. We lynched a useless villager who was hurting the village which put us -1 villager. How are we going to minimize this situation? Placing votes for pressure seem not to work on Mr. Ricey....
Back to top Go down
Angi

Angi

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/4/2014, 2:26 pm

The good news is, he was just a useless villager, the good roles are still alive.

Vote: Witty

With absolutely nothing to go on...............but maybe we can get some more talking going on, because I'm getting bored with only one post to check like every ten hours lol
Back to top Go down
Mr. Slippy

Mr. Slippy

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime9/4/2014, 2:30 pm

Romulus (1 Vote of 4): Pascal_B
Nocturne (2 Votes of 4): Jackie, Romulus
Witty (1 Votes of 4): Angi

Pending Votes: 3
Witty, Nocturne, Termy

Role Quick List:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win   Season 1 Werewolf:  Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 1 Werewolf: Eternal Falls - Werewolves Win
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next