Incog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Book Club: BOOK 1 = ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Witty
Admin
Witty

Book Club: BOOK 1 = ? Empty
PostSubject: Book Club: BOOK 1 = ?   Book Club: BOOK 1 = ? Icon_minitime10/30/2014, 2:22 pm

What will it be? Let's start an official list here, and perhaps if we get enough involvement we can put up a poll and vote on it, or maybe just roll a die and see who gets lucky so the choice is fair.

My suggesting, as it has been on my kindle only half read (I moved across country just after starting it and I just never picked it back up) is:

The Girl Who Would Be King by Kelly Thompson

It's about a pair of young girls who discover they have amazing powers around the same times in their lives, but in different parts of the world. Eventually they are able to sense the others presence and the story begins to spiral towards their meeting, which I am sure will bring about a fantastic battle of some kind. One of the girls is inherently "good" and "innocent", scared by her powers and conflicted with how best to use them. The other is inherently "evil" and loves to use her powers but she quickly realizes this will make her a target and alone which fills her young mind with conflict. It's a great coming of age story told from the vantage points of both forces, and I would be more inclined to start over the read and see how things pan out if we got it into the book club. Even if that doesn't happen, I will still eventually read it because it was enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
https://incogforums.forumotion.com
Mr. Slippy

Mr. Slippy

Book Club: BOOK 1 = ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Club: BOOK 1 = ?   Book Club: BOOK 1 = ? Icon_minitime10/30/2014, 2:50 pm

So three box so far are

Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

Dark Tower Series - Stephen King

The Girl Who would be King - Kelly Thompson
Back to top Go down

Book Club: BOOK 1 = ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incog :: Incog Commons :: Book Club-
Jump to: