Incog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2

Go down 
+5
Tbird
Pascal_B
Romulus
glendon
Mr. Slippy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Slippy

Mr. Slippy

Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Empty
PostSubject: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/3/2014, 4:44 pm

Play for atmosphere

DAY 2:
The villagers ran towards their homes.  Tonight would be the first night of terror the village has had in years. The moon started to rise through the thickest of the pine forest that sheltered the village from the world.

Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Spooky_blue

However, the very protection the trees gave also harbored the same creatures that would soon crush the village.  High up in the limbs and tangled branches of the forest, the nightly creatures came alive.  Owls gently calling out, searching for field mice.

Bats had screeched and wove around the night looking for meals and so did the youngest of werewolves start his very first hunt.  Along side the youngling, the seasoned power of the older werewolf encouraged the hunt.
Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 1eab3ffecf65a707effeb2192535a73d

Growling through the brush closer and closer still to the village, it was certain someone would perish tonight, but who?

Within the village square, doors shut, windows closed and the fearful habitants trembled into a nervous slumber.  It was hardly the easiest of nights. 

Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Village_night_by_penemenn-d3dekt6

However, for one young man, it was the chance to face off with the two beasts that loomed in the night.

Carefully staring out the window, he could see two of them lurking the streets below, the dusted dirt walk ways left trails through the night.  It wasn't enough for this villager to just get a glimpse.  Something about the new invasion made him more curious.

Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Vlcsnap-2014-06-07-17h22m23s124

How could this exist?  Stepping out onto the wooden porch candle lit to guide his way, he gingerly walked through the streets.  The heart within his chest beat faster.   Something was not sitting right.

It was then upon the man, a warmth so real a sharp claw through the back and a long agonizing pain that sheered through his skin!  Slowly the man turned to face what had attacked him...face...to...face.

Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Candle_hands

His fingers furled around the lit candle a tremble started to shake his very muscles.  A scream so blood curdling filled the air as the regular night creatures ceased their nightly calls.  His fingers let loose the candle as it fell by both werewolves feet.  Something in them both had feared for their life.  That primal fear of fire struck a chord with them both.  Perhaps it was remembering their fate if caught, or a wild animal instinct within them to fear the flames.

The claws retracted and they both fled....the man had returned to his home...scratched, bruised and battered.

As the sun started to rise....so did all the villagers...

What happened that very night?...
Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Zombie-neck

As the village gathered, gasps could be heard...Wittys body had been mauled, clear as day, he stood before the village to account for the tales of that very night.

Villagers, welcome to Day 2.

Deadline for Day 2 09 Oct 2014
-----------------------------------------------------

This was the final vote of Day 1

FINAL VOTE:

Votes to Lynch: 6

Manygrams (6 Votes of 6): Pascal_B, Mongoose87, Glendon, TBird, Romulus, Witty

Pending Votes: 4 Remain
Termy, wltgreenwood, Nocturne, Manygrams

Villagers Alive
1. Pascal_B
2. Romulus
3. Witty
4. Termy
5. wltgreenwood
6. Mongoose87
7. glendon
8. Tbird
9. Nocturne

Villagers Dead
1. Day 1: Manygrams
2 Night 1: No One

Last edited by Mr. Slippy on 10/3/2014, 5:52 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Slippy

Mr. Slippy

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/3/2014, 4:58 pm

Werewolf:  Day 2 - Deadline 09 Oct 2014

Vote Majority - 5 Votes to Lynch

Votes:

Pending Votes: 9 Remain

Termy, wltgreenwood, Nocturne, Pascal_B, Mongoose87, Glendon, TBird, Romulus, Witty

Also, to better help you guys keep track a helpful member has advised me that instead of subscribing to the individual threads that it might be better to subscribe / watch the full werewolf forum.  This way you will be notified of anything.

Steps to "WATCH FORUM"

1.  Go to the below link

https://incogforums.forumotion.com/f8-werewolf

2. On the line that says "Mark All Topics Read" on the bottom left hand side, follow across that row to "watch forum" Click that, you should get all notifications that happen in the forum.  It is also located under the "Last Posts" column.

This may help you guys in future.
Back to top Go down
glendon

glendon

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/3/2014, 5:33 pm

So this is what the second day looks like!

Also, good job Witty. I think I know how you're feeling right now.

Back to top Go down
Romulus

Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/3/2014, 5:48 pm

Yeehaw, way to go Witty!!

Hmm, actually, wait a second.. I've seen enough motion pictures and heard about books where people attacked by the supernatural become one of them. I say we set fire to Witty! Like, just in case, y'know? Cover our bases and such..
FOS: Witty
Back to top Go down
Pascal_B

Pascal_B

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/3/2014, 6:01 pm

Way to go Witty! I always knew it wasn't you.
Back to top Go down
Tbird

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/3/2014, 7:33 pm

All right witty! Nicely done.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 1:39 am

What a glorious day today is! Pray tell, who mauled you, child of the sun?
Back to top Go down
Pascal_B

Pascal_B

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 9:22 am

I'm not so sure about Nocturne.  Something about his choice of words doesn't sit right with me.  And hopefully Wltgreenwood recuperates so we can get his take on things.
Back to top Go down
Tbird

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 12:07 pm

I agree interesting choice of words!  Also haven't heard much from termy around the village could he be too tired from his night escapades?
Back to top Go down
Termy

Termy

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 12:22 pm

Interesting enough, when i logged in, no one was logged in. I refreshed my page and voila, Tbird, logs in and calls me out... could it be because i'm the first one for him to see online and accuses me of night actions?? Hmmm

FOS--> Tbird

I wasn't given enough time to give my 2 cents on day 1 since it was a quick and undeserving lynch. Day 1 was only 3 days old earth time ...shame...

Why the sudden lynch? Because he was silent? Now, we are 1 villager less.  Why was Manygrams not given the same courtesy and chance as Greenwood?

If that is the case:

Vote: Greenwood
Back to top Go down
Mongoose87

Mongoose87

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 12:47 pm

The silence is ever suspicious, but I also find the ravings of Nocture troublesome.  Truly this is a dilemma.  If only i had two fingers to point!
Back to top Go down
Romulus

Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 2:12 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
The silence is ever suspicious, but I also find the ravings of Nocture troublesome.  Truly this is a dilemma.  If only i had two fingers to point!
*flays his fingers out so that all of them are pointing at someone* FOS on all ye!
Back to top Go down
Romulus

Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 2:16 pm

I do have to ask, what is so suspicious about Noc's wording?
Also, while I'm mildly happy that Witty's alive I do want to point out that he either didn't die because
[a] the priest blew their magical load by protecting him, or
[b] he's the tough guy and he'll die soon enough

I personally think it's [b] but if it is [a] note that it doesn't mean he's a villager as the priest may have accidentally shielded the.
Back to top Go down
Romulus

Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 2:24 pm

Oh, and, second FOS on Pascal
Back to top Go down
glendon

glendon

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 2:52 pm

Romulus... I don't understand at all your focus on Witty.

The guy was clearly attacked by wolves, and yet your focus is on him. First you claim he might become a wolf himself because of the attack which doesn't make sense. 

Then you allude to him being a wolf a second time stating that if the priest saved him, Witty could still be (...be a what exactly? You just trailed off, but presumably) a wolf. Which also doesn't make sense because that would mean the wolves decided to attack themselves on the off chance the priest would come to the rescue?
Back to top Go down
Romulus

Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 4:10 pm

glendon wrote:
You allude to him being a wolf a second time stating that if the priest saved him, Witty could still be (...be a what exactly? You just trailed off, but presumably) a wolf. Which also doesn't make sense because that would mean the wolves decided to attack themselves on the off chance the priest would come to the rescue?
Didn't mean to trail off there, I was chewing on straw and it got stuck in my teeth.
As for the wolves attacking themselves, I forgot that the wolves have knowledge of one another and a wolf-vs-sorceror showdown can't happen anymore. So, you're right, Wit's a good guy. No hard feelings Wit? *laughs nervously* Either he's a guarded villager or he's a tough guy with internal bleeding who's going to die tonight.
Anyone gonna say what's so fishy about Noc though?
Back to top Go down
Pascal_B

Pascal_B

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 9:14 pm

Something just off.  From day 1:

Nocturne wrote:
What cruel fates have conspired to bring us here again! The damned and the doomed! The moonbeast walks among us once more!

That was the only thing he said that day.  He didn't even vote, though admittedly it was a quick lynch.

Then today:
Nocturne wrote:

He says little, and what he does say contributes nothing to us finding he beast that walks among us.  It is almost worse than the silent ones.
Back to top Go down
Mongoose87

Mongoose87

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 11:27 pm

Pascal_B wrote:
Something just off.  From day 1:

Nocturne wrote:
What cruel fates have conspired to bring us here again! The damned and the doomed! The moonbeast walks among us once more!

That was the only thing he said that day.  He didn't even vote, though admittedly it was a quick lynch.

Then today:
Nocturne wrote:

He says little, and what he does say contributes nothing to us finding he beast that walks among us.  It is almost worse than the silent ones.

It reads to me like he tries to seem fanatically opposed to the wolves, while at the same time avoiding a contribution to their demise.
Back to top Go down
Romulus

Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 11:34 pm

Pascal_B wrote:

Ah so you feel his strategy is "say stuff to avoid being lynched for silence but don't say too much and end up making enemies / being a blip on the radar." Very astute observation Pascal..
VOTE (to become Sherif of Shadow Pine if we survive): Pascal

To give Noc some benefit of the doubt though, the sun has barely risen today and furthermore most don't say anything important on day one. Not that I want to be, in any way, associated with someone who has so many crosshairs on him.
Back to top Go down
Romulus

Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2014, 11:38 pm

Termy wrote:
Interesting enough, when i logged in, no one was logged in. I refreshed my page and voila, Tbird, logs in and calls me out... could it be because i'm the first one for him to see online and accuses me of night actions?? Hmmm

FOS--> Tbird

I wasn't given enough time to give my 2 cents on day 1 since it was a quick and undeserving lynch. Day 1 was only 3 days old earth time ...shame...

Why the sudden lynch? Because he was silent? Now, we are 1 villager less.  Why was Manygrams not given the same courtesy and chance as Greenwood?

If that is the case:

Vote: Greenwood

FOS on Termy for coming across as ultra-defensive, I'm pretty sure TBird just meant "night actions" as a vague allusion to being a werewolf, not a specific argument that he saw that you were logged in.
Again, showing the 'good' side of things since I'm a very good person: Termy is 100% right that Day 1 was far too short. Unfortuantely the hammer was (the already acquitted) Witty so that trail is cold..
Back to top Go down
Witty
Admin
Witty

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2014, 4:45 pm

*cough sputter*

I do not rightly recall.... their faces..... *blood oozes* It all happened so quickly... I-I grabbed my hatchet, and..... then..... I can't remember...

I don't feel I am long for this world, gentlemen. The beasts are indeed most foul and must be dealt with. While I recall nothing of value of last night, I can tell you this. Do not trust anyone. Especially someone who has spoken truth nor lie.

Pascal, I am really wanting to know now why you value wltgreenwood as an asset to the village at this point. He has said nothing. Clearly you want him kept in the game, but what do you know about him? He has said nothing, nor do we know his opinion of anything in this game. Is he still actively following along with this game? If so, why not at least pop on to say so?

Tbird, you have yet to state any opinions other than echos. Do you mock the village? Are you not one of us?

I will probably die tomorrow. No matter what happens, it is known I am not a werewolf at this point. I am a huge threat to team baddies. If we lynch a villager today, we could be down a total of three villagers suddenly, making it a 4 vs 2 match. That is risky territory. Perhaps we should consider a no-lynch round and force the wolves hand? I am at a loss. But for now, my FOS is pointing at Tbird for parroting general town opinions, wilgreenwood for still not showing up and keeping us in the dark about his opinion, identity and motive, and Pascal for wanting to keep him in the game in spite of that.
Back to top Go down
https://incogforums.forumotion.com
Mr. Slippy

Mr. Slippy

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2014, 5:08 pm

Werewolf:  Day 2 - Deadline 09 Oct 2014

Vote Majority - 5 Votes to Lynch

Votes:
wltgreenwood (1 Vote of 5):
Termy

Pending Votes: 8 Remain
wltgreenwood, Nocturne, Pascal_B, Mongoose87, Glendon, TBird, Romulus, Witty

Question about the priest was stated:
1.  The priest can only use the power ONCE per entire game
2.  The priest CANNOT use it on themselves
3.  The blessed person the priest chooses, regardless of role, werewolf or otherwise cannot be night killed, nor can they be day killed in a lynch.  It saves them from death once no matter the method they had died, lynch mob or werewolf attack.

Hopefully this clarifies it up Smile

please come to me in private if there are any other questions regarding mechanics Smile
Back to top Go down
Pascal_B

Pascal_B

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2014, 8:12 pm

Witty wrote:
Pascal, I am really wanting to know now why you value wltgreenwood as an asset to the village at this point. He has said nothing. Clearly you want him kept in the game, but what do you know about him? He has said nothing, nor do we know his opinion of anything in this game. Is he still actively following along with this game? If so, why not at least pop on to say so?

I think you're misinterpreting my words.  To recall:
Pascal_B wrote:
And hopefully Wltgreenwood recuperates so we can get his take on things.

I believe it was Glendon who said Wltgreenwood was ill, I was just hoping to hear his take on the state of the village thus far (and as a sign of life).  I do see your point, though.  I would not be opposed to Wltgreenwood being lynched as an unproductive member of the village, though on balance, I believe that Nocturne's actions have been more suspicious than Wltgreenwood's inaction.
Back to top Go down
glendon

glendon

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2014, 9:04 pm

Here's the problem with killing Greenwood.

It's a clear, logical lynch due to his silence and lack of participation that makes him inscrutable and therefore dangerous BUT I don't think any of us really believes he is the werewolf. Most likely he is just not participating. When I spoke him to on Day 1 he said he was sick and could barely move and since I don't believe in hand holding I haven't prodded him to join the village any further. Check out the members page. He's been gone longer than even Manygrams, which I believe proves he skipped town long before last night.

Termy asked what was the difference between Greenwood and Manygrams. One had a sick note and the other just didn't show up to class. I was hoping by voting for Manygrams he would be pressured to participate but that didn't happen because the hammer was dropped way too quickly or he was never going to participate at all. We'll never know.

I believe lynching Greenwood will just leave us one villager less when we really haven't explored our other options. Personally, I believe the werewolves get a sick thrill out of throwing people off. Mongoose, Tbird, Termy, and Nocturne are pretty much in the same boat as Greenwood to me, but at least I know Greenwood is sick. And even then, I can't even write off Pascal or Romulus since they could just be active wolves (And me, ahem, as far as you're concerned since I like all of you haven't had much of a chance to back a lynch, disagree with one, or have to defend myself).

In short, there needs to be more talking via pressure votes on different people at the same time. Right now we're pretty much still voting randomly. I suspect people are being quiet due to their fear of being night killed. This is what the werewolves want. Honour Witty by not letting the terrorists win. Tennyson rote, 'Authority forgets a dying king'. This was never more true than for Witty, whose murder is probably one the most terrible moments in the history of our village. We, the people, the villagers of Shadow Pine, sitting in judgment of each other, represent the hope of humanity against werewolf power. In discharging your duty, in bringing the first conviction in this house of cards against the werewolves, 'ask not what your village can do for you, but what you can do for your village.' Do not forget your dying king. Show this world that this is still a village 'of the people, for the people, and by the people'. Nothing as long as you live will ever be more important. It's up to you.

I vote Brother Mongoose.

It's a vote that's half random/half based on suspicions, but it's a start. Please don't just gang up on him without a discussion/alternate pressure votes/defense from Mongoose himself.
Back to top Go down
Mongoose87

Mongoose87

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2014, 9:52 pm

What's this?  I had spoken thrice more than ye, but you come and paint me as silent, and use Witty's memory when he's not even dead to rile my own neighbors against me?  Where is the justice!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2   Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 2: Werewolf - Shadow Pine - Day 2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next